Sunday, September 21, 2008

Charm City Cyclocross 2008 - Quick Report

Awesome Race.

Provisional results have me rounding out the top 30 in a 100-rider field, so until the official results go up on BikeReg.com, it looks like 30th place. Good start to the season, better result than last year, and momentum going into next week's Ed Sander Memorial 'Cross.

No mud this year, but wet grass this morning made things get a little dirty, but also made the tight corners and off-cambers very slick (I found myself saving the rear-end of the bike quite a few times). Had lots of fun and ran strong through the barriers, especially in the sand pits.

Best part was having my wife and son cheering for me. Mud and cowbells it was not today, but rather dust and baby rattles. Good day out for the Bike Rack riders as well, both to the guys in the team kit and the growing family/crew that is Bike Rack DC.

Pix to come...

2 comments:

sledgeh101 said...

Heh - we can't ALL have mud on our cycling runs, but hey...

Glad to see you put up a new blog. I'll be sure to check this out more often, now that I know it's here.

andrewmatrnaga said...

well done, my orthocross cyclojew comrade in maps. cowbells and baby rattles to you.